Are your neighbors getting calls about you owing a debt?
Are you getting calls saying that you are going to be served by a Sheriff?
There is a big difference between fraud and regular collections and it starts with the Fair Debt Collection Act and what licensed collections companies can do to collect a debt.
Collections Companies Will Never…
- Call a 3rd Party about collecting your debt. They could lose their license and they won’t risk it for one debt.
- Tell you that you are going to be served by Sheriff if you don’t pay the debt.
If after you get off the phone with someone and you feel like you have to pay a debt immediately, it’s best to talk to someone like A Debt Coach as soon as you can so that you can find out that you aren’t getting scammed. Randy Williams, of A Debt Coach, has uncovered 3 scam artists this year and reported them to the FTC.
Strategies to Not Become a Victim of Credit Collections Fraud
- Remain Calm and Don’t Act Quickly – A criminal will try to make the situation urgent so you don’t think it through
- Do Your Homework – Check to make sure you do owe the debt. Check with a family member or friend if they do owe the debt. Get the name and company of the caller and go to the FTC to see if they are for real. Check the number they called with on the internet to see if it can be associated with a real company or if it has complaints associated with the number.
- Contact a Professional Credit Counselor – Call Randy Williams at A Debt Coach and He’ll get to the bottom of it for you!
A Debt Coach offers credit counseling services to people who are experiencing credit and debt problems! We create customized plans with your budget in mind and deal directly with your creditors. No gimmicks, no funny business! Both the Government and your creditors are happy that we are here to help you solve your financial problems.
Contact us (888-767-9155) today to get started!
About A Debt Coach
A Debt Coach is a Non-Profit Credit Counseling Agency that helps consumers find options available for the financial problems they face. We offer credit counseling services to clients across the country who are experiencing credit and debt problems. A Debt Coach offers one of the most beneficial debt consolidation programs in the nation and we have provided counseling and advice to more than 200,000 consumers since 1992.
>> Learn More
Did you know that A Debt Coach provides free financial education and advice? We provide advice so that people can get their lives back in order! The free education starts by downloading our free “Own Your Life” ebook.
Everyone who downloads the book will be approached to start the “Budget Bootcamp” with Randy after you read the book! Randy will help you create the best budget for your situation and put you on a glide path towards being totally debt-free!