Estimate vs Actual Budgets
Everyone needs to know exactly where their money goes so they can benefit in the future.
The Benefits of an Actual Budget
- Get out of debt
- Save for retirement
- Save to send your kids to college
Types of Expenses
- Fixed Expenses – Rent, Mortgage, Car, Insurance, etc.
- Variable Expenses – Groceries, Gas, Utilities, etc.
- Periodic Expense – Expenses with payments every year or 6 months or 3 months, etc. You’ll have to save monthly for these types of expenses.
Knowing Your Income
- Salary – Salary is easy. List your monthly net Income. The amount you actually have to use.
- Hourly – Hourly needs an average established. We are going to figure out an average net income based on your average hours less overtime. Overtime is extra and should be put in savings since it’s not guaranteed.
- Self Employed – Take exactly what you made in the 6 months to get your monthly average
Creating an Actual Budget
Don’t look at your past expenses. You want to start from scratch and keep track of your spending for a month. Save every receipt on every dime you spend for 30 days and put those receipts into the following envelopes…
- Mad Money
This will tell us where your money is going. Don’t cheat! Have a normal month.
A budget is a habit. It takes 22 days to establish a habit and it takes 66 to make it stick.
This gives us the tools to create a workable budget.
A Debt Coach offers credit counseling services to people who are experiencing credit and debt problems! We create customized plans with your budget in mind and deal directly with your creditors. No gimmicks, no funny business! Both the Government and your creditors are happy that we are here to help you solve your financial problems.
Contact us (888-767-9155) today to get started!
Most Financial Problems Come Down to Poor Budgeting
Did you know that A Debt Coach provides free financial education and advice?
We provide the advice so that people can get their lives back in order!
The free education starts by downloading our free “Own Your Life” ebook.
Everyone who downloads the book will be approached to start the “Budget Bootcamp” with Randy after you read the book! Randy will help you create the best budget for your situation and put you on a glide path towards being totally debt free!
Own Your Life
- Financial Goals
- Estimate vs. Actual
- Creating a Budget
- Setting Up Controls
- Dealing with Debt
To help consumers ADC has come up with a number of Education Classes offered over the phone, in person, or over the internet. These classes are designed to help consumers understand how to manage their finances to avoid the mistakes that can cause financial troubles; and if it’s too late how to dig out from those troubles. Each Budget Bootcamp is customized to the needs of the recipient by below are some examples of what you may learn…
Creating Wealth – A Successful Budgeting System
- Understand why budgeting is important
- Begin goal setting
- Learn an easy budgeting system
- Obtain the tools, forms, and hints to make your budget work
The ABC’s of Credit
- Understand how to get your free credit reports
- Learn how to read your credit reports
- Learn about credit scores
- Learn how to improve your credit score
Student Loans – Consolidation 101 (Only If You Have These Loans)
- Learn how to understand your student loan options
- Learn how to consolidate your federal student loans
- Discover which repayment options you qualify for
- Understand how loan forgiveness works
Get the Book to get started toward a life without debt!
About A Debt Coach
A Debt Coach is a Non-Profit Credit Counseling Agency that helps consumers find options available for the financial problems they face. We offer credit counseling services to clients across the country who are experiencing credit and debt problems. A Debt Coach offers one of the most beneficial debt consolidation programs in the nation and we have provided counseling and advice to more than 200,000 consumers since 1992.
>> Learn More